Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Old Photographs

I scanned these this morning. I'll go back later, or maybe my sisters will look and see if the information is correct.
My father was in the Army, and then in the Navy. His two brothers were also in the Navy, and all three(my grandmothers only children) were stationed at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii in 1941. I know my father was on the U.S.S. Raleigh along with one of his brothers, and the other brother was stationed on another ship.


Daddy Army

Uncle Rudy Gulfport



Uncle Gene Navy

Uncle Gene Navy 1942

My mother about 1949 or 1950. And I believe this would be Hardy Court in Gulfport, Mississippi




I'm not sure, but I think this is Uncle Rudy in Africa,you can see the Pyramid behind him


A photograph of a tradition, Crossing The Equator


Another photograph of Crossing the Equator. Read about the Ceremonies here. These had to be taken in the late 1930's or 1940's.


Daddy and Uncle Rudy in Hawaii.

No comments: