Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Say Hello To Orca In The Gulf Of Mexico

wow,check this out, a story in my local paper. I'd love to see them! Of course,these were seen in Alabama, but maybe if they skooooched over this way, we'll get a good look :D I'm going to keep my camera handy just in case.
http://www.sunherald.com/newsupdates/story/1226642.html

you know what else is weird? The dolphins throwing themselves on the beach. That's happened quite a few times recently, I believe the number was at 7 the last article I read. What's going on here? Something's making them beach themselves, something's making the Orcas come this far into the Gulf...
you know, years and years ago, I remember overhearing adult conversations about the whales beaching themselves, way back in the day. The conversation was about the huge whale skeletons, and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing photographs of my grandmother standing near these whale bones that were ginormous(that's pretty HUGE!). I'm fuzzy on the story these days, but seems like the whale bones were on one of the islands. Maybe someone knows this story and will comment and tell us.

2 comments:

Tinta's Treasures said...

That story reminds me of when I was a little girl. We took a houseboat trip on the Illinois River to the Mississippi River. When we were docked along the banks for the night, I came across a HUGE fish head. I went screaming, 'shark, shark'. That's how big it was to me. It turned out to be a big ol' Catfish. It was a big Catfish!!!
Cindy (tinta)

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Wow that is amazing. I wonder why they are doing that. Is it because they are old and senile?(-: Just kidding(-: I love dolphins!
Maybe they want to be human and walk on the earth instead of live in the ocean.