Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving-Still Eating??? RECIPE FOR BANANA SPLIT PIE ADDED

OOooOOOooOOOooh.....I am :D Mostly desserts! Eat,rest,eat,rest....you gotta pace yourself to get a taste of everything!
This is a peek of some of what we had, and I'll share recipes if anyone wants.


Spiral cut ham my daughter baked..glazed...awww,man,so gooooood!

Roast turkey Hoss made,so moist,mmmmm :D

Sweet potatoes, look at that toasted marshmallow topping...

Fried turkey with ca un butter,mildly spiced, deep fried in cottonseed oil, so it's not greasy, and the skin is nice and crispy,and the meat is nice and moist like a roasted one! Toss in Vidalia onions in between each fried turkey, to "clean" your oil...found out that trick this year. The onion is crispy and tasty,too!



My favorite..Banana Split Pie! this is an eggless recipe; who wants to eat raw eggs, anyway? yuck! Try this version...very rich!
****

BANANA SPLIT PIE-NO RAW EGGS!

2- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUSTS- I MAKE MY GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST IN A LARGE RECTANGLE CASSEROLE DISH
2- 8-OZ. PACKAGES CREAM CHEESE SOFTENED
1- LB. POWDERED SUGAR
1-TSP. VANILLA
1-LARGE CAN CRUSHED PINEAPPLE
4-5 RIPE BANANAS
1-TUB COOL WHIP-WHIPPED TOPPING
1-CUP PECANS CHOPPED
1-SMALL BOTTLE MARASCHINO CHERRIES

COMBINED SOFTENED CREAM CHEESE, POWDERED SUGAR AND VANILLA. BLEND WITH MIXER TIL SMOOTH. SPREAD OVER GRAHAM CRACKER CRUSTS. SLICE BANANAS AND PLACE ON TOP OF CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE. DRAIN PINEAPPLE WELL AND SPOON OVER BANANAS. SPREAD WHIPPED TOPPING OVER PINEAPPLE, AND SPRINKLE WITH PECANS. DECORATE WITH CHERRIES. CHILL 8 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT.



This is something new this year...Pumpkin Cheesecake. My daughter saw this on Paula Deen and had to make it. I must admit, I was skeptical at first, but...WOW! You have to try it! Also very rich :D

Look at me...chowing down on pumpkin cheesecake and apple-pecan pie from Cracker Barrel..got that can of whipped cream and a bag of walnuts handy for the sweet potato pie I ate next. Then there's Cherry Cheese Pie, apple pie, pumpkin pies(Hoss made those,too, and the Banana Split pie) We had other stuff, of course. No pics of the Ham Rolls, which you need to try!
I've probably gained 15 pounds in the last couple days! Oh, and we had Cocount Cake my daughter in law brought today. My sister brought the Apple Pecan pie from Cracker Barrel, and a Black Forest baked ham, the sweet potato pie, .....and....a couple shadow boxes she bought at a yard sale for me to play with! Really nice handmade paper, and each one had some kind of Asian bowl that used to be glued inside but had come loose. The boxes are plain, painted white. I'd love to do some kind of beach theme collage. We'll see!

******************

ack....somebody MAKE me touch up the color on my hair....look at those grayGRAYgray roots!!! The burgandy silk flower bobby pins match my blouse...I used all 3 from a set I'd made, along side my bun.
*****************************


Look at these little munchkins! Climbing the chinquapin in the front yard. My granddaughter,2 grandsons and my niece.

Grandson#2..yep,that's him FLYING from tree to tree.

Granddaughter and Grandson #2, along with puppy Tucker, chopping down limbs left and right. Tucker helps.

Grandson#1 and niece...boy,those lopping shears and pruning shears do keep a young'un occupied for hours.


At least they picked me a couple basket fulls of the pink camellias before they lopped some branches off :D

They soon took sides, boys against girls, or the other way around; and began building forts, complete with tree limbs to disguise the entrances. No way would we ever know where they were! It was all good til they fought about who got custody of which dogs...umm,that's 4 dogs,heh!....and couldn't get their dogs to stay hidden in their fortresses of solitude! Poor Tucker got hit in the leg with a croquet ball, and limped after that, he could only make it TO the river for a long slow walk. I had to pick him up and carry him home; he INSISTED; that's when I discovered he had been rolling in a dead armadillo. I know it was a dead armadillo, the kids told me so :D The dogs are very sad now that I picked up the dead armadillo pieces-parts with the shovel and tossed them on top of the bonfire pile. They tried to retrieve them. It was so sad; we'd tossed one of those old kids toys...the kind of nylon tunnel thing with the playhouse at one end...into the burn pile. Two of the dogs know this toy well, and promptly trotted into one end of the tunnel at the bottom of the burn pile, and tried to make their way uphill to the top of the burn pile where the decomposing armadillo was. Now, you've got to understand we hadn't LIT the bonfire...too windy...but the kids went ape-nuts and begged and pleaded with the dogs to come out.....RIGHT NOW...and then noticed the nylon tunnel..."what? why are you burning our FAVORITE toy EVERRRRRR??"
yeah, we had fun. And we're doing it all again tomorrow. Here's hoping we can light the bonfire. Oh, did I mention our pipes froze? And one burst? Yeah. So no water all day long, and not fixed yet. No fire til we have water for the hose... ust in case.

6 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Happy on going Turkey day!!!!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! All the treats sound very yummy!!!! We had a great day too!!! I am still stuffed!!!
Have a great Weekend!!!

AngelMc said...

That was a great Thanksgiving dinner. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. There is just nothing like grandkids and dogs is there?

My Little Family: said...

Looks like a yummy feast!

Kudzu said...

thanks ya'll :D
here it is tuesday, and i'm still eating;apple pie before the coffee is even made!
last night i couldn't eat anymore turkey or ham...i only wanted a little soup,lol!
kudzu

The JR said...

Sounds like a lot of good food and fun.

Susan said...

I'd love to try your eggless banana split pie. That sounds yummy! Would you mind sharing your recipe?

Thanks a bunch and Merry Christmas from us in Ga!
Susan
gardengalsu@gmail.com