Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Headboard Bench

HossFly made this for me last year. I got the idea from the Garden Junk Forum at Garden Web.
It's made from a twin sized head and foot board. The foot board is cut in half and used on the sides of the bench, and scrap lumber used to make the seat. It sits on my front porch with a needlepoint magnolia pillow I found at a yard sale.
Saturday is the community sale, and I hope to sell some crafts. I'll let you know.













I'm thinking this is an awful lot of work! It's a tiny little community Fall Festival, and I'm not even sure I'm going to be able to sell anything, but I hope so, I need to de-clutter the living room. It'll be nice getting out, but now that the day is almost here, anxiety is kicking in....like always!
Why did I save these hollow handled silver plated knives for the last minute??? *sigh* I planned on making some little knife handle vases to hang from the suction cup thingies, and just discovered that I've misplaced my bolt cutters I was going to cut them with. I wanted to glue pin backs to some,too, to make lapel pins. They must be in that safe place I put things so I'll remember where they are.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Cool bench...I need one for my porch. Love the blue color and it looks so comfy! TFS!

P.S. You should sell stuff on Etsy - it's easy and cheaper than Ebay!