Search This Blog

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Photo From Hawaii, 1941

This is my father and my uncle stationed at Pearl Harbor aboard the Raleigh. All three of my grandmothers children were stationed there at once. My other uncle was on a different ship, and I forget which one. I have other papers from that time, one being a menu for Christmas, and a letter my father wrote to my grandmother saying that he and Uncle Rudy were alright, but had she heard from my Uncle Gene. It has a censor stamp on it (I think that's what it was called, when I find it, I'll know) They all survived.



This is the cover of the envelope the photo was in, a small mat.




The photo of them.



An ancestor, I don't recall the name. However this is an interesting one because on the back she writes something like "mother received the shock of her life when I returned home wearing knickers". This photo suffered water damage. Maybe one of my sisters can tell me who it is, and if I got all the names right on other photos :D



Here's the back of that photo. I wonder how difficult, or is it even possible? to repair?

I'm suddenly very sleepy. Tomorrow I'll see what else I can find.

No comments: