Search This Blog

Friday, December 26, 2008

Vintage Travel Shield Charms

My sister just brought me a cookie tin of jewelry pieces from a yard sale. In it were quite a few charms, I recognized the obvious ones, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, St. Joseph,and a St. Dymphna (I did have to look that one up, you can see what that one is for in my earlier post!) but the others were some I'd never seen before. At first, I thought maybe they were some sort of wine charms someone had bought for their collection of wine, they had different countries names written on them. I wanted to find out what they were before I used them in some sort of altered art or imbedded it in resin or something horribly permanent :D So I typed in enamel coat of arms charms and found them right away. You learn something new everyday! But I'm surprised I've never heard of these before! I found lots and lots of them, and surprisingly they are worth a little bit of money..averaging around $10 each to $25 each from the few sites I checked out. Here's one of those sites, eCharmony.com. Now I have a new item to look for at yard sales and thrift stores. I'm betting I HAVE seen these, just never "saw" them before, lol! I'm going to post the same photo I took the other night. If you click on it, you'll be able to see them up close. I haven't looked up each particular charm I have, but I'll definately do that later.


The oval shaped object with the porcelain picture is a spring hinged type of box, my guess is a pill box. I think I'm going to keep it in my purse. It MIGHT hold a day's worth of pills for me :D

2 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Great charms. I am sure you will find a wonderful use for them too(-: It is also fun to find out they are worth some money(-: What a nice gift(-:
Have a great weekend!

Kudzu said...

Thanks Cindee.....I'm going to make it a point to look for these at the flea markets. Maybe I'll use them to fund some more junk,LOL!