Search This Blog

Friday, January 23, 2009

Mardi Gras King Cake- I Found The Baby! and a '55 Chevy

Our friend brought us a King Cake and we had it for dessert last night. Ya'll know what a King Cake is, right? It's a sweet yeast dough with cinnamon, braided into a circle. Then it's drizzled with a confectioner's sugar icing and sprinkled with Mardi Gras colors of purple, green and gold sugar. There's a plastic baby hidden in it, and whoever gets the slice with the baby in it is considered to be lucky and who also is the one who buys the next King Cake,lol. So now I'm the Queen today....the Queen! Sweeeeet! This King Cake is the best made around here, and came from Randazzo's Camellia City Bakery in Slidell, Louisiana. You can order one to be shipped to your home :D I'm not related or know them, I'm just sayin'.....LOL.

You can see where I took big ol' bites out of it before I found it. And it wasn't found last night....nooo! lol...I found it this morning when I had a piece with my coffee :D




umm.....what else was I gonna say? Because I'm 50 today and getting forgetful :D

Oh, yeah, my birthday. I got an olive green Fossil purse, and a Fossil watch that looks like a charm bracelet with mother of pearl slices and beads. My niece got that for me, and she said it reminded her of the charm/button bracelets I'm always making...how sweeeet!

And what did we get for our anniversary? Why....junk, of course! Whhhhoooot :D Check out our new toy...



A 1955 Chevy Bel Air. Yeah, she's a little rough, but she'll be okay soon enough! Hoss wants us to have circa 1955 outfits when we go cruising....hmm, I'll have to do some research and find something cute. Looking at the numbers, she was originally gray, so we may go ahead and paint it yet another color.

6 comments:

bopeep said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHADY DEAR KUDZU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOUUUUUU!!
Prayers, Bo

Sunday Girl said...

very very cool, I love the '55 chevy. make sure you post pics of those circa 1955 outfits!!!

Bev said...

HAPPY HAPPY B-DAY TO YOU!!!

Love that car.....just my "speed"!!

Hope you had fun today and how appropriate you finding the baby!!

Have a great weekend too!!

B-DAY HUGGS!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Belated Birthday Greetings to you. It sounds like you had a wonderful bday.

What a cool anniversary present! When I was dating DH he had a 47 cadillac and a 38 olds. :-)

Enjoy, and I'm sure you can find some neat period clothing to wear when you 'cruise'.

FlowerLady

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday you gorgeous thing you! I like the makeover....you SURE DON'T LOOK 50! It sometimes takes us a while to get us to a new look but believe me...this one suits you.

And OMG....that car is wonderful. Is you hubby into car restoration? What a great guy! Can't wait to see the pics of you and the car all dolled up!

Kudzu said...

Thanks ya'll! and *blush*

Those sound awesome FlowerLady, I bet ya'll had some fun driving those around!
I made a mistake, it's not a Bel Air, it's a 210, HossFly corrected me this morning,lol. He's worked on it the last couple days. He has friends in car clubs around here,he'll probably go ahead and join now.
I told him I was NOT wearing a poodle skirt and cashmere sweater and pearls. He said he was thinking more along the lines of rolled up jeans and mans white shirt and saddle oxfords. Hmm. And he wants a black leather jacket. I guess we're gonna be JD's.....LOL..Juvenile Delinquents!
Kudzu