Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Victorian Jointed Paper Dolls-Make Them!

Searching around the www, I found a really cute site that has a free pattern for 3 jointed paper doll cut outs. You can also buy some very awesome authentic vintage and antique ornaments from them. It's called Victorian Ornaments.com. I wish I'd had more time for Christmas, maybe if I start now I can have some made for next year! For now, I printed some out on photopaper and used tiny little brads from Michaels to assemble them. I dragged out quite a few boxes and bags searching for papers, sequins,glitter..all kinds of just the perfect doll making things :D I used to LOVE paper dolls. We made thousands of doll clothes when I was little. My Daddy brought home reams of old paper and we drew and colored all day with those paper dolls!
Today I made one in Mardi Gras colors..gold,purple and green. I thought it was going to be much harder to dress a doll in the crinkly tissue paper I chose,lol! I can't wait to go make the other 2 dolls. Go check out their site, and download the doll pattern and make your own, or help your child or grandchild make some.

1 comment:

Sunday Girl said...

Thanks Kudzu, these are sweet. I remember paper dolls when I was a kid, I'll have to check out that website.