Search This Blog

Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Bird Cage Fairy

birdcage? bird cage ? however it's spelled, I made a cute fairy in a small green wooden one. I bought it at a yard sale about a year ago for probably a quarter or fifty cents. Now,since I can't get to my harddrive where I have all my pictures stored, I can't remember where I got this photo,(let me know if it's recognized! ) but she was in a photo with something else, and I photoshopped just her, and she and the doll were already tinted this color. I cut out a crown of silver paper, and wings from Katherine Dewey printed on a hymnal page. Luckily, I had printed up several photos for fairies, and wings to go with them, before the lightning struck.



I had a little paper doll house, and made a bird nest out of some coco-liner fibers, and used 3 blue glass beads for eggs. And of course, a penny! I've been using a penny in every fairy jar :D At least one penny a day seems to just fall from the ceiling, or from some odd place :D




Not the best photo, but see how the cage looks? :D

Til next time,
kudzu

3 comments:

Betty said...

The fairy and cage look made for each other. Love how it turned out.

The JR said...

Very cute. I must have missed the meaning of the penny. ???
Ramona

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Your fairy creations always look so beautiful! I really want to try to make one but have not done one yet!