Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Newest Fairies In A Jar


Here is a beautiful photo I found while at ArtFreebies.com...thank you so much June! I gave her a pink and green dress in photo editing, then glittered her up. I found some gorgeous wings at elvenwork.com and printed them on tracing paper. Thank you Katherine! I printed her on a 4x6 photo paper and glittered her,then cut her out. Can you tell she's in a Starbuck's frappuccino bottle? Now go out and drink some more so your fairies have a place to rest!

Here she is dancing around in an old bottle with some bits & pieces she found to dress her place up!



Check out this fairy boy, I found him at June's,too! And those are Katherine's wings!



Here he is relaxing in his jar, surrounded by little boy treasures. His jar is made from a Tostito's cheese dip jar...we love nachos around here! I especially love the taller jars for these projects,too.



Here are some wings I printed out from elvenwork.com, and see how I used glitter glue pens to color them in? If you look close you'll see Katherine's name and how to find her site,too!


************************************


I'm sorry I've been lazy, but my grandson is wearing me out, and the heat has been some record-breaking highs! I brought a box of fairy jar stuff to my bedroom to work on in peace and quiet, but I just fall asleep before my head hits the pillow!

Thank you for all the wonderful comments...everybody have a great day!

kudzu

4 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Love the new fairies in the jars!!! They are so cute!!!! I have a tiny lantern I need to make one out of sometime! Maybe I can send it to you instead(-:

Kudzu said...

OooOOh Cindee, you'll LOVE making these, and I've got a lot of lanterns myself to use! and thank you for the sweet comment!
kudzu

Brenda said...

As always, you make the cutest Fairies in a Jar. I know what you mean about the heat - over here in Florida it has been record breaking, thank goodness for AC. I haven't posted a lot because it is summer and I, too, like to watch the grandchildren as often as I can. But I am heading to Houston for a Decorative Painters Convention in a couple of weeks. Should be fun.

June said...

Gosh you really do make some magic in thos jars. what beautiful work and i love the wings you found too they are super. These jars are a little girls dream
fabulous work my friend and i am so glad the images are being glamourised here
Hugs June xxx