Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2009

Pumpkins Re-Do..Cute!

After I arranged them in an old soup tureen, I thought, oh, wow, they are so NEAT, and CLEAN, and...well, they looked too "store-bought-n", so I made up an aging glaze...coffee,vanilla,cinnamon oil and school glue. It looked like melted caramel, or coffee with cream! Here's the before...


They look really good like this, but I wanted some shading in the crevices, and make them a little more realistic.
Here's them glazed :D


I bought the fall foliage at a dollar store, and got 2 nice branches of them for this.

Styrofoam Balls
Orange Tissue Paper
School Glue or Mod Podge
old plastic knife or other tool to mark pumpkins into sections( the edge of a scissor works great for this,too!)
sticks for pumpkins stems
green or brown wire to curl for vines

Check out All Free Crafts for instructions...Here!

I used whole cloves in the bottom of my pumpkins*

2 comments:

The JR said...

That turned out fantastic. You are so creative.
Ramona

red.neck chic said...

Those are tooooooooo cute and do look so real!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh...bring on the fall!!!