Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Aprons From Recycled Clothes



This one is my favorite, made from one lightweight denim jeans leg. I put three box pleats in, and tore strips from two different fabrics I already had. The width of the fabric is something like 44"....but use what you have. The denim is 16"x30"...the size of one half side of one leg. I had black rick-rack,so I used it to trim the pink ruffle, and used a black button on each pocket cuff sewn on with pink embroidery thread. Very basic but so cute! *I bet I spill bleach on it right away*



This one was a yard sale Cherokee brand pull on skirt; just two seams..one on each side, and an elastic waist. First I cut off the elastic waistband, then 4" off the top to use as ties. Then I folded it in half with seams together and cut out a halter type top from the back. I used some fabric from the back piece I cut off for a binding at the neck.


These two aprons were quick. There's a third one, but I thought I had more blue bias tape and so now I'll have to go buy more. Otherwise, they were made with things I already had that were either free or cheap.

Don't forget National Apron Day is May 10! Make or buy or wear get your Granny's old one and tie one on!
There is an apron give-away at Calamity Kim's....a so cute gnome apron! Sign up Monday!! It's got gnomes and polka dots :D

kudzu

1 comment:

The JR said...

Maybe you won't get bleach on it! It's cute. I need to get busy and do some sewing myself.