Search This Blog

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Beautiful Day

I spent part of today painting more picture frames black and waiting on paint to dry, and another part of the day cleaning the glass. Then my twin sister came over with fixin's for a cook-out, and we entertained my daughter, daughter-in-law, and three grandbabies, the two dogs..Uncle Jack and Pedro, and two cats Gomez and Morticia(the neighborhood calls her Tish The Dish). They decorated mini-pumpkins with stickers and permanent colored markers (what the hell was I thinking handing out PERMANENT markers to three children jazzed up on cake and punch....but let me give you a tip....Magic Eraser will take out permanent marker from a finished wood table. It won't,however, take said marker off a childs arm or leg or fingernails.) By the end of this craft fest they'd used three pages of Halloween stickers and had them stuck to pumpkins, each other, us, the dogs and the rug...there's even a few on the fridge :) And then we had more cake!
I can hear the clock telling me it's 10:00, so thank goodness it still works. Here's another tip...don't leave PawPaw's cane out where the grandkids can get it and reach the Cuckoo clock to keep pushing the hands back to the hour and make the bird come out and chime. I'm glad HossFly has never read my blog, because what he doesn't know won't hurt him. Or the grandbabies.
Maybe tomorrow I will start hanging pictures. No crafts today, but I'll leave a nice photo or two.

This is a pair of galoshes I bought at a yard sale and planted some flowers in. I drilled holes in the bottom of them for drainage. They look cute on my front porch.


Here's a photo I got of a praying mantis. I've never seen one change colors before and I didn't even know they did that. But this one changed itself to look exactly like the spots on my zinnia and I thought that was just the coolest thing I'd seen in a long time.

No comments: