Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Monday Is Here Again

>
Wow, it got cold all of a sudden. It went from 80's down to 30's. Beans and Rice Are Very Nice But Steak Is So Much Better. Yeah, we had red beans and rice, and cooked 2 lbs. so we can make some chili tomorrow. Time to get my HUGE pots out for cold weather cooking.
Got a few photos hung the last few days. At this rate I should have them all up by Christmas morning.




I really like it so far, all I need to do is figure where I'm going to put the 2 large ovals and the 2 small ovals, and the 4 small squares.I don't like that maroon mat on the photo on the end, I'm just going to have to make them all off-white.



Since I painted the larger lamps black, and got new shades for them, I decided to pull these out and use them on the old Victrola in the corner. They had gold bases and sage green shades. So I figured..what the heck, I can paint these,too, I have black paint! I didn't like the green shades in here, that's why I'd put those lamps in the junk room. They disappeared into the green walls. Guess what I did.....I used some spray red oxide primer we had, and put wadded up newspaper inside the shade, and painters tape on the inside edges. Ta-dah! It came out great! So next time you see some shades at a yard sale that are nice but the wrong color...experiment, it sure won't hurt, especially if you got them free or yard sale cheap. The whole lamp can be painted!




Have you ever read a line that just stuck with you forever? When I saw this in a craft magazine about 15 or 20 years ago, I thought "Yes, that's it exactly" and I had to make my own sampler. Now I have to find a new spot for it somewhere in the living room where I can see it every day and remind myself of what it means to me. I saw another sign in the last couple years that has also remained with me..."there is always always always something to be thankful for"...I didn't buy it, but some months later I dug through some crafting supplies I have and found a chalkboard, and thought it was perfect to paint it on. So now that sign hangs in my kitchen where I can see it several times a day. I should have taken a photo of it, too. Maybe another day :D

No comments: