Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Partridge In A Pear Tree

My latest creation...I had a dream about this! I couldn't wait to get it done.



I tore some newspaper into tiny pieces and dropped it into a small bowl of equal parts white school glue and water. I twisted some paper into a pear shape, and some into a bird shape,then began to cover them with the wet newspaper. For the pear stem and leaf, I used green floral wire. For the leaf, I stacked quite a few sheets of wet paper together and cut the leaf shape out, then slid the floral wire in between the layers and bent it into a nice shape. I set my oven to low (200*F),placed the shapes on a cookie sheet lined with foil, and left them in for 5 minutes. Then I let them finish drying overnight. I gathered up some fallen twigs and spray painted them silver, and glued silver/white glitter on it here and there. And I mixed plaster of paris up and poured it into disposable cups. After they dried I flipped them upside down, and drilled a hole in the top to glue the twigs in for my tree. I painted the pears and the birds and then glued glitter all over them. As soon as I find what I did with the bag of Spanish moss, I'm going to glue some on to cover the plaster :D





I hope you like it, and make one for yourself!

2 comments:

Sunday Girl said...

Yup, she's done it again. Where do you come up with these ideas?!! Very crafty.

Kudzu said...

Thanks Sunday Girl...I was very pleased with how my first one came out. I'd love to try the air dry clay to make this, I'll bet it would be easier to shape the pear and the bird :D