Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ribbon Poinsettias

Aren't these just the sweetest little poinsettias? Here's the link from Wrights Ribbon with directions and photos. This was SO EASY,even though it looks like it would be difficult. I followed the directions on the first one, then I "Kudzu'd" it :D As I sewed it, I thought " why wouldn't floral wire work?" So, the 2nd one is wired, and was easier and faster. Make them any size you want, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I wish I'd had some green ribbon to make leaves.
It says 3 yards ribbon, and I had 2 spools of wire-edged ribbon I got for $1 each, that makes this very inexpensive. I tried wiring the gold beads on with the ribbon, but then I just wired it, and then glued a pile of beads in the center.



Here's how to fold. Don't worry about making them all the same size, they look prettier with different sized petals.




Here's a close-up of how to wire or sew the inside edges. If you want to add beads as you go, you'd have to insert a bead in between each fold of ribbon.


Here's another look at how it's wired.



Mine came out a little uneven when I sewed it, but it's still a pretty poinsettia.



This is how it came out when I wired it. I glued the pile of gold beads in the center, the glue is still wet :D LOLLLLLLLL... I left the wire tails on in case I need to wire it to a gift, but if you don't need to worry about that, cut them off after you twist them tightly.

Now go make some poinsettias or some snowflakes!

It's going to be a tight budget Christmas, we'll have to put more effort into wrapping the gift beautifully this year!


You know, this might make a sweet little corsage for the kids to make Mom or Grandma this year :D OH! Or, a sweet little hair bow! Just wire it to a barrette :D Use different types of ribbon and make different sizes.

Kudzu

6 comments:

Amber said...

Very Pretty!! I think I'll make some for the great grandmas for church Christmas Sunday!

Sunday Girl said...

These are great Kudzu.

Kudzu said...

Thanks ya'll. I plan on experimenting with some other ribbons, and look for some more gift bow ideas for dressing up packages :D
Kudzu

Anonymous said...

You are just amazing! You make five things and I don't even get one started--I've become really good at procrastination! LOL Love seeing all your projects and love the step by step photos too.

Kay aka Luvs

Kudzu said...

Thanks Kay! You're so talented and you make plenty! I love all your crafty goodness, you're a great inspiration to me!
Kudzu

Anonymous said...

So fanstic,You're so creative!!!