Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2008

So Sweet-Necktie Angels

Someone on Garden web showed these last year. I kept the idea in the back of my mind and finally made some. This is the link that was shown to me. I used the narrow end of the tie, and used a measuring tape to cut them out, and got to making angels! Here's a tip,though...cut the part for the knotted hands a little longer, then tie the knot and cut it if you have to. I cut 4 angels out at once, and all the hands were too short. I had some vintage crochet pieces for the large angel wings, and for the small I used some lace I had stiffened in glue/water mix and sprinkled with glitter. These are SO SWEET! Next large angels, I'll stiffen the lace for the wings on them,too. I didn't sew anything, I glued it all together.



Ok, I don't know why I'm all of a sudden painting heart shaped mouths, but I gotta stop that! It's not becoming to little angels!




You can make yours neater than these, I know you can :D LOL

The small ones would be so cute for a pin on your sweater or coat!

3 comments:

Janet, said...

These are cute. I've got a tie angel I made a few years ago.

Kudzu said...

Thank you, Janet! I'd love to see!
Kudzu

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Those are so sweet. Something I'd like to try.

FlowerLady