Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Crochet! A Crochet Fabric and Pearl Bracelet and a Crocheted Bowl

Remember the pearl and fabric bracelets I made?? This is the same thing, except you will use one strip of fabric and your crochet hook. Just single crochet from beginning to end! I tied the 2 loose ends together.

make it a little tighter than this to look like the one I made.




Check out the sweet little crocheted doily bowl...made from old and worn out doilies. I used a machine made new one for my first attempt and it came out really nice! The link to the tutorial is on Design Sponge...so go to her site and find it :D


I used lots of aluminum foil to cover the bottom of this bowl, then covered the foil with plastic wrap. after I soaked the doily in liquid starch, I laid it out over the bottom of the bowl, trying to smooth and even it out. When it dries, spray with a sealer and let it dry. Use a few coats inside and out. Here it is with some soap I made.....cucumber/melon; and some bath salts. I washed a glass jar and lid, painted the lid with red oxide primer, and left it looking rusty. Then I printed out a free image of a label and glued it on....looks like it was a tiny bit too large!




poor Wanda...she's too tiny! and she has no idea she's bein' picked on! I took the piece of ribbon from her and stuck it on her head with double sided tape. Looky looky....she's chosen the pearls...way to be Miss Wanda!


I have more crafts half made!!!......I just haven't had the energy to do a thing. I was almost asleep one night when I realized I had this pain in my lower right shoulder blade, in the back. Every time I tried to breathe in deeply, I got a sharp pain in that particular spot. A couple days later it hadn't gone away, and so when I woke up one morning I called out for my daughter. I told her I thought maybe I had a collapsed lung, so she looked up the symptoms trying to find out what it might be. So I went to the hospital once again. Seems the bronchitis I got for the whole past year(and this year) damaged my chest wall by weakening the muscles........from all the horrible non-stop coughing! They gave me two Lortab 7.5's and told me to rest-rest-rest and SLEEP....no housework of any kind, nothing to make me breathe hard, and continue taking Lortab every 4 hours until the pain is completely gone. And to come back to the ER if it doesn't stop after a few days or was worse the next morning. I already sleep all the time....so he said "sleep some more". "get more rest".. Nothing wrong with my liver or stomach( 2 other possibilities the doctor looked for. EKG was ok. Blood pressure was sky high, but he felt that was due to the pain, because I had no fever, all lab work came back good.
My daughter said "mom, you know you're not young anymore....you have to start taking it easy at your age"...ack! my own daughter-precious-precious-sweet-baby-girl. Did I mention I just had a birthday at the end of January...and I'm now 51 years OLD......

have fun!
kudzu

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bracelet is so cute. I love to crochet and craft and this is a neat way to combine the two.

The JR said...

Happy late b'day. Sorry you feel bad.

Your projects turned out great.

Get to feeling better soon.