Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Silverware Windchimes

I needed to go ahead and finish these, since I'm taking them to a sale this week-end. It's that time of year,lol...the annual community yard sale in the rural county.



small tray painted pink, glass beads, spoons and forks flattened with a ball peen hammer on a block of wood, and a sweet little saucer with roses and gold trim.


small tray, soup spoons, assorted glass beads, porcelain flowers glued to tray,a vintage glass chandelier prism in the center.


made with 2 forks wired together, spoons and glass beads.

.
small silver shell tray, glass beads, spoons, vintage chandelier glass prism


old tray,forks with handles cut off,glass and shell beads, porcelain flower.

enjoy,
kudzu

******************



It felt like I was being watched while taking these photos.....it might have been "Skatchskwatch".

5 comments:

The JR said...

Very pretty. Good luck at the sale.

Vintage Christine said...

Thank you sooooo much for the inspiration--I recently bought an entire set of silverplate just to get the vintage silverware box holding them. In the back of my mind was a vague thought on using the pieces for windchimes but didn't know exactly where to start. Now I do! Your azaleas are beautiful--my entire yard is ablaze with pinks, reds and whites and I think the camellias are ready for their third or fourth bloom.

Jinx in the Garden said...

I just found your site via gardenweb. I love all the crafts you do!

Unknown said...

You've really inspired me today!What a charming wind chime! I would love to make one for myself! I love the sound of chimes on a warm summer night!! So peaceful! I'm coming back for instructions!

Thanks for putting my blog site on your sidebar! YOU really made my day--and put a smile on my face!! I just changed my background and buttons so if you'd like to have the latest one ,,,let me know! Have a great week!!
Big Hugs,

nblackthorn said...

Wow, some great home improvement going on here, keep up the good work! Me and my husband have recently got a new set of wind chimes , keep up the great posts! xx